Bionic Container Series
The Bionic CS is an economical full biological reclaim system for car- and truck wash waste water for 100% reuse. The square tanks make it perfect to fit in a corner of a container or technical room. Compared with the normal Bionic, the CS type needs to put together on site.
The waste water is cleaned in 3 steps:
- Pre aeration in pump pit for oxygen saturation;
- Particles separation by hydro-cyclones;
- Biodegradation of all organic waste (shampoo’s, waxes, oil, grease i.e.) by the bioreactor.
All components for the above mentioned steps are included in the Bionic CS package.
More about the Bionic CS system:
Description of the Rowafil Bionic CS system
Maybe you have already red our brochure of the Rowafil systems, but allow me to briefly describe the process.
- The waste water from the wash bay is collected in the wash bay gully and flows from there into a sludge pit.
- From the sludge pit the water will overflow into the aeration pit, which has about the same size as the sludge pit. In this pit the heavy aeration and the grinder pump (this is a submersible pump with knives at the bottom) are placed.
- The heavy aeration has two functions:
- Elimination of all volatile substances in the water.
- Saturation with oxygen to avoid any anaerobic condition.
- The grinder pump transports the wastewater to the recycling unit. First the water passes through the hydro cyclones for filtration. The filtered water (90%) then flows to the bioreactor. The remaining water (10%) with the concentrated dirt flows back to the sludge pit. The filtration process achieves a value of 5 micron. The remaining water is not wasted, but stays in the process. The concentrated dirt particles settle down in the sludge pit.
- The filtered water passes through the bioreactor in which the dissolved substances, like oil and chemicals, are removed biologically, after which the water can be stored for reuse in the wash bay.
The end result is clean and clear water suitable for reuse in the wash bay, without any negative effect on the washing result compared to using fresh water. The clean water storage should have at least a capacity equal to the average hour consumption of water by the washing machine.
If a local situation with existing pits and / or interceptors deviates from the advised situation as indicated above, details should be sent to us to study for a full engineering into the most ideal installation based upon the given data.
Explanation of the Rowafil Biological water reclaim process
Most systems on the market are the so-called waste collectors, like sand and carbon filters or filter bags and cartridges. In these systems the waxes, oils, detergents and other organic materials are “collected”. This process requires regular replacement or changing of the filters or continues until the filters become blocked.
Another type being marketed is ozone based equipment, which is used to kill bacteria to avoid odor, but still the system “collects” dirt until its filters are replaced or blocked.
If the oxygen level of the water is too low, then anaerobic bacteria will develop and start to breakdown the pollution. The result of this reaction is odour (the hydrogen sulphide gasses from anaerobic breakdown).
Usually car wash owners try to resolve their odour problem by dumping chlorides or peroxides in the water, or inject Ozone to kill bacteria. This is a never-ending cycle as long as the oxygen level in the water is too low.
However if the oxygen level is adequate, aerobic bacteria will develop and consume all organic material in the wastewater without odour. To do that most efficiently, we provide the conditions the bacteria needs (proper environment) and tools encourage their growth.
Instead of fighting the laws of nature, we exploit them by continually infusing air into the waste water, we give the aerobic bacteria optimal conditions to reproduce and consume (remove) organic materials from the waste water stream, thereby making the water cleaner and free of offensive odours.
The circumstances and chemicals influence the development of the desired aerobic cultures. Together with our SR20 (micro and macro-nutrients) the maximum positive biological conditions are being created. Under these conditions, the bacteria are able to breakdown most of the waxes, detergents and oily emulsions from the car wash.
Because most waxes and detergents are biodegradable they will be transformed into CO2 (carbon dioxide) and H2O (water) and biomass (cell growth and multiplication).
Suspended particles with a size as small as 5 micron (0,005 mm) are separated in the double vortex hydrocyclones.
With electrical power available to circulate the water, inject the correct air volume and feed the bacteria, nature will do the rest.